Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gaurav
New Contributor

no debug logs on console

Trying to troubleshoot a VPN problem and have enabled the diagnostic but don' t see any messages on the ssh console. This is a FG-80C with v4.0,build0185,091020 (MR1 Patch 1). FGT80C3909619204 # diagnose debug info debug output: enable console timestamp: enable console no user log message: disable ike debug level: 1 (0x1) CLI debug level: 3 FGT80C3909619204 # Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

to debug VPN, these CLI commands are your friends:
 #diag debug enable
 #diag debug console timestamp enable
 #diag debug app ike –1

Disable debug with
 #diag debug disable
 #diag debug console timestamp disable
 #diag debug app ike 0

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
gaurav
New Contributor

Changed the debug level to -1 but still don' t see any debug messages. FGT80C3909619204 # diagnose debug info debug output: enable console timestamp: enable console no user log message: disable ike debug level: -1 (0xffffffff) CLI debug level: 3 FGT80C3909619204 # I cleared the IPSec tunnel to ensure that ipsec session is reestablished.
abelio

I cleared the IPSec tunnel to ensure that ipsec session is reestablished.
? try to ' connect' the tunnel to generate debug messages as soon you' ve defined firewall policies for the VPN you should be debug vpn messages

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
gaurav
New Contributor

That is what I am doing. The IPSec is configured so that I don' t have to click the " Bring Up" link. The IPSec tunnel comes up but don' t see any debug logs.
Not applicable

i had the same problem with Fortigate-3016B 3.00-b5419(MR7) any debug it' s working
AKrause
Contributor

Maybe the ike log-filter is set to an inappropriate value. # dia vpn ike log-filter clear Andreas
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors