Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thsteil
Visitor

Registration attempt by <user> was denied as no licenses were found. Upgrade your license ...

Hello Community,

we do have a problem with EMS. It suddenly stopped letting users log in to EMS and getting a valid license for FortiClient. Dashboard show 0 from 100 used. Licenses are still valid till 2026.

We already created a ticket, but the answer by now was upgrading EMS from 7.2.0  to 7.2.5. and try to resync the FortiCloud or uploading the .lic file manually.

The last two things did not help. We already did this before opening a ticket.

Does anybody knows this issue and were to look for any informations? Setting the Log Level to debug doesn´t show me anything interesting.

EMS services and SQL is running.

I would like to troubleshoot the issue not only upgrading, because I can´t find anything in Release Notes about that issue and I´m afraid of breaking even more.

Users, partially, have just white screens, if they open the Forticlient console. So, there is no change to retype a password if needed.

Forticlient version is also 7.2.0 (Windows 10/11)

Thanks,

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Upgrade FortiClient?  Why are you still using a .0 release?

thsteil

We had a hard time with the integration of the Forticlient. Some known issues caused us problems, so we are glad that it worked at all at the end. But yes, maybe it´s time for upgrading the system.

Anyway, it would be cool to do this in a controlled way, not in rush. Especially because we don´t have experiences with Forticlient running over a long term. I would be happy to find a quick solution without upgrading the system.

How are your experiences upgrading the Clients remotely?

thsteil

I upgraded Forticlient on my Test Machine to 7.2.5. Now, the client opens with a normal screen at least, not only blank white, but still the same error. EMS is out of licenses. And VPN is available for 1 month...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors