Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ralph1973
Contributor

fsso fortios 5.0 have to select individual users

Hello, I am testing single sign on, FSSOwithout agent, in Fortios 5.0 on a FGT 60c unit. I have created 2 AD groups on the windows DC: internet-full and internet-restricted then I added users to these groups. I have put the AD user group in the FSSO user group, 1 group for full internet, 1 group for restricted internet. When I test with a ' full internet' user, named internet1, I see that this user is logged in the Fortigate : ----FSSO logons---- IP: 192.168.1.7 User: internet1 Groups: CN=internet1,CN=Users,DC=ubulin,DC=local Total number of logons listed: 1, filtered: 0 I created appropriate policies that permit ' full internet' FSSO group to access the internet. However this user cannot browse the internet. When I select individual users (via user&device, Authentication, Single sign-on and then edit users/groups) and put these individual users in the FSSO group, then it works. But this is rather cumbersome, since I want only have to add users in the Windows AD groups (by the onsite system engineer) without having to put them on the Fortigate unit also. Is this a bug in 5.0 (I don' t have experience with SSO on Fortigates yet and started with version 5 especially because it is agentless) or is this the way it works? With kind regards, Ralph Arnhem Netherlands
11 REPLIES 11
lukaszp
New Contributor

Hello, I am testing single sign on, FSSOwithout agent, in Fortios 5.0 on a FGT 60c unit. I have created 2 AD groups on the windows DC: internet-full and internet-restricted then I added users to these groups. I have put the AD user group in the FSSO user group, 1 group for full internet, 1 group for restricted internet. When I test with a ' full internet' user, named internet1, I see that this user is logged in the Fortigate : ----FSSO logons---- IP: 192.168.1.7 User: internet1 Groups: CN=internet1,CN=Users,DC=ubulin,DC=local Total number of logons listed: 1, filtered: 0 I created appropriate policies that permit ' full internet' FSSO group to access the internet. However this user cannot browse the internet. When I select individual users (via user&device, Authentication, Single sign-on and then edit users/groups) and put these individual users in the FSSO group, then it works. But this is rather cumbersome, since I want only have to add users in the Windows AD groups (by the onsite system engineer) without having to put them on the Fortigate unit also. Is this a bug in 5.0 (I don' t have experience with SSO on Fortigates yet and started with version 5 especially because it is agentless) or is this the way it works?
Hello, I have the same problem with version 5.0.1-5.0.2. I hope that this problem will be fixed in version 5.0.3. In the first version of FortiOS 5.0 I could add a domain security group. PS The second firewall with firmware 4.0 works without any problem.
lukaszp

I hope that this problem will be fixed in version 5.0.3. In the first version of FortiOS 5.0 I could add a domain security group. PS The second firewall with firmware 4.0 works without any problem.
Hi, The problem was solved in version 5.0.3 b1.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors