Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

fortiguard -web filter override doesn' t work

Fortigate-400 3.00,build0400,061002 i created a few local users and a group created a policy all to all any services protection profile strict. i have enabled fortiguard web filter and of course a override i just want to see a login screen for local users in bim group but it doesnt work. instead of this, fortiguard web filter block url. what is wrong ?
4 REPLIES 4
willmays
New Contributor

It might be that the override URL is not in the denied URL screen - it isn' t in there by default. Under 3.0: Go to System -> Config -> Replacement Messages -> Fortiguard Web Filtering Edit the ' URL Block Message' add the tag ' %%OVERRIDE%%' somewhere in the code. This will be replaced by a message along the lines of ' click here to override' Clicking the link will take you to a form where you can enter a valid override group credentials, and select override options.
Will Mays FCNSP
Will Mays FCNSP
Not applicable

there are two messages for fortiguard block url and fortiguard ovirrede url. there is the tag you said in override messages but i doesnt show the override message. it shows blocked url messages. when i try to allow to a blocked site,i can make it. but when i try to allow spesific user to login blocked url,i can not make it.it is exactly what my problem is.
Not applicable

FYI: I have an open ticket with Fortinet related to the Override not working on the same code you are on. They have been working on it for over a month. However my configuration may be different because I' m using VDOMs and VLAN tagging.
Not applicable

Hello, I was for 2 days trying this feauture. At the end I get it. [ul]
  • Create a user, and asociate to a firewall group and enable the override tick. In the options select: Override Scope: Profile, Override Type: Categories, others: whatever you want.
  • Create a Protecction Profile enable Override for http adn https, and select the user group you create erlier. In the Categories blocke check the override check. Asociate de Protection Profile to a Policy of the firwall.
  • Modify the Web bloqued message adding de tag %%OVERRIDE%% [/ul] Thats all folks, when you navigate to a web that is in a bloqued category, you will be able to validete.
  • Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors