Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phuembes
New Contributor

communicate with each other two or more SSIDs

Good morning, I'm new to fortinet devices. I have FortiAp access points and two ssids that distribute two different networks and I can not make those two networks that distribute the ssids communicate with each other. help !![
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

For two wifi networks to communicate with each other, you need:

Firewall rules allowing traffic to/from each wifi interface.

Disable "Block Intra-SSID Traffic" in the SSID wifi properties if you want wifi clients on the same wifi network to communicate with each other. (Setting is unchecked by default.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Toshi_Esumi

Are you using FortiGate as a controller? I was assuming you're using FortiCloud.

In that case, if you're set up SSIDs with NAT mode, I don't think they can talk each other. Bridged with vlans is necessary so that a router/switch terminating both vlans/subnets can route them each other.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors