Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adrianidc
New Contributor

change/replace HDD fortianalyzer 100C

I

replaced the hdd I had in my FortiAnalyzer 100c by one of more capacity.

I have plugged in and turned the FortiAnalyzer but does not display my hdd .

I entered the commands shown here:
http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD34953

unknown action 0

but still does not show the new 1TB hard drive .

Nov 9, 10:24:15 - '/Storage' is not mounted
Nov 9, 10:24:15 - '/drive0' is not mounted
Nov 9, 10:24:15 - '/var' is not mounted

The firm version is;: v5.2.2-build0706 150415

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
idirim
New Contributor

hi, i have replaced the disk of faz100c two times before. did not use any of the mentioned commands. just replaced the disk and reformatted the device with new firmware from tftp via the boot loader and extra rebooted 1-2 times. during the reboots when connected directly on console port i observed the os partitioning/configuring the new disk by itself and that took some time. one box is running for almost one year with new disk (ST1000DM003) and the other for around six months (WD1003FZEX) without any issues so far. maybe the disk you used is the issue.

**just wanted to share my experience, i am not sure if this operation is supported by fortinet neither can i guarantee that it will work the same way for others.

ede_pfau

Adrian,

the KB article refers to a FAZ virtual machine (VM). Fortinet does not officially support replacing any hardware in the field, in fact it will void your warranty. So don't expect to find a KB article about this...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors