Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

build290 vs build292 of " MR-6" ??!?

During our scheduled maintenance I upgraded our FG400 to (what I expected to be) MR-6. This build was identified as build 290 and the name of the folder was MR-6. However, now I see that the images in MR-6 are actually build 292... I am having stability problems with the current build 290 and will thus go to 292 and see if we get any improvement. However, my question is why the change??? The release notes are not clear on the details (i.e. build number). IMHO, MR-6 should be MR-6 until MR-7, there should be no minor " fixes" etc... Any thoughts? /msa
3 REPLIES 3
Alex_Libenson
New Contributor

There was a problem with SMTP performance in the build 290. Because of that build 290 was removed from FTP and then replaced by build 292 which includes SMTP problem fix.
Not applicable

OK, like MR6.1... :) Interesting though - after upgrade from 2.50-MR10 to 2.80-MR6(.0) we got some serious mail-issues that we did not find any solution to. After the upgrade to 292 the are gone! For future reference, where did you find this nugget of information?!? I have been seraching through the release notes to no use... Thanks a 1E6!! /msa
Alex_Libenson

Check out this thread - http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=6507&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1. There is post there done by " rhanke" , who is Fortinet Vice President Product Management, with explanation why initial MR6 was withdrawed from FTP.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors