Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hemanth4
New Contributor

Universal splunk forwarder as sidecar not showing internal splunk logs

I have implemented a sidecar container to forward my main application logs to splunk. Have used universalsplunkforwarder image. After I deploy both my main application and forwarder seems up and running. But anyway not recieving any logs in splunk index specified. To troubleshoot splunkd log or any specific splunk internal logs are not found in /var/log path. Can someone please help how we enable this splunk internal logs?

1 REPLY 1
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@hemanth4 
Thank you for your post here. This seems most likely like a Splunk configuration issue so I think it is better to ask on that forum.

After doing a little research I found this link that might point you in the right direction in case FortiGate or FortiAnalyzer is involved:

How to configure Splunk forwarder to receive Forti... - Splunk Community

If no FortiGate or other Fortinet products are involved, then you should check with the other vendors on how to get and view logs in Splunk.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors