Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Uncompressed size limit in fortigate 100a

hi recently i started seeing File reached uncompressed size limit, where to uncheck this " subtype=scanerror pri=notice fwver=040001 vd=" root" msg=" File reached uncompressed size limit." status=" passthrough" service=" pop3"
9 REPLIES 9
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Try in the protection profile under AV.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

recently i started seeing File reached uncompressed size limit, where to uncheck this
use CLI to adjust how your AV should manage the uncompression of scanned files for pop3 service
 config antivirus service pop3
   set uncompnestlimit  <value>
 end

where <value> = max nested compression levels to scan (2-100) default = 12.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
RickP
New Contributor

recently i started seeing File reached uncompressed size limit, where to uncheck this " subtype=scanerror pri=notice fwver=040001 vd=" root" msg=" File reached uncompressed size limit." status=" passthrough" service=" pop3"
There is no unchecking of that limit. It' s the largest uncompressed file size that will be scanned. Anything larger will be passed through...unless you block it with the oversized file threshold, but that' s a separate thing entirely. The default is 10 MB, and the maximum size depends on the FortiGate model.
abelio

indeed, correction: the parameter to correct is another different:
 config antivirus service pop3 
    set   uncompsizelimit <value> 
  end

where for an 100A unit is: <value> = max uncompressed size to scan (1-24MB or use 0 for unlimited) apologies for the noise,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

thanks team
config antivirus service pop3 set uncompsizelimit <value> end
now i have setup this . let me wait and watch.
Not applicable

team my apologies for long watch time again the issue started back og_id=0262008961 type=virus subtype=scanerror pri=notice fwver=040003 vd=" root" msg=" File reached uncompressed size limit." status=" passthrough" service=" pop3" my config as follows config antivirus service " pop3" set scan-bzip2 disable set uncompnestlimit 100 set uncompsizelimit 0 end
abelio

It' s possible that avalaible memory be exhausted when the unit tried to uncompress the file to scan it.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

how do we trace it ? is there any command which will help us in this regard?
edsouza_FTNT
Staff
Staff

All this means is that one of the attachments reached the uncompressed size limit, and skipped scanning that attachment. In 4.1 this is now logged, before it was not.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors