Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jmcharrier
New Contributor II

Unable to connect with FortiClient VPN on Dell Latitude 7350

Hi all,

To summarize, FortiClient does not work on Dell Latitude 7350, because of the Intel BE200 card.

I can't get the prompt for the token.

In the logs, I can see "no response from the peer".

It works on wired connection, and it works also with an external USB wifi adapter.

Apparently, FortiClient and the Intel BE200 card are incompatible. What can be done in this case?

20 REPLIES 20
jtrin
New Contributor II

I GOT IT WORKING!

• This was a brand-new Dell Latitude 7450 that came with Windows 11 and the Wi-Fi adapter is Intel Wi-Fi 7 BE200 and FortiClient could not connect.

I decided to install Windows 10 Pro for sh*ts and giggles because I've exhausted all troubleshooting steps. I used Dell Command Update to install all the drivers. For Intel Wi-Fi BE200 I have driver version 23.60.1.2 dated 6/3/2024. Not sure if that's the same version that was installed when the laptop was on Windows 11.  Once I had the drivers updated, I installed FortiClient 7.2.4.0972 and got connected successfully.

UPDATE: I tried Windows 11 again just to confirm, and sure enough, I'm back to not being able to connect. Same driver version for Intel Wi-Fi 7 BE200. So, the fix is to install Windows 10 for now.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors