Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
harald21
Contributor

Too many normal wtp entries

Hello, we are running a FWF-60C with FortiOS 5.0.4 (build 0228). We try to configure a new FAP-221B, unfortunately wireless clients are unable to connect to this device. During troubleshooting I discovered that this device runs in " Remote" wtp mode. At the cli I tried to change the wtp mode to " Normal" , but this is not successfull, I always get the error message " Too many normal wtp entries (5/5)" . In the FortiOS 5.0 CLI Reference (" fortigate-cli-50.pdf" from Sept. 10, 2013) these commands are not included, so how do I increase the number of wtp entries in the FortiWifi configuration? Sincerely Harald
3 REPLIES 3
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

How many APs do you have? 5 is the max on the FGT/FWF60C.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I was curious about this and could not locate any reference or settings in the 5.0 CLI Reference manual about any max. limit of APs. I am assuming this limit is related to the encryption tunnel. Only place I have found hard numbers is in the Product Matrix. So does the max total mean without encryption?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In v5 you should see how many APs are supported in the " Managed AP" screen... Managed Access Points ---> Managed FortiAP Looks like max number of tunnel mode APs remains at 5 for the FWF/FGT-60C but they have increased the total number to 10 (an extra 5 for remote mode APs) Tunnel mode SSIDs require more processing power on the Fortigate.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors