Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Spam filtering using RBL -setup assistance

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am an IT consultant for small and smaller medium sized business customers. Unfortunately, my job entails me knowing a little of everything rather than being focused solely on perimeter UTM devices like many of you. That makes it much harder for me to be able to sort through all of the posts and find the proper information. My goal is to enable RBL and some other anti-spam blocking lists within my customer' s fortigate units. My customers typically have either WiFi60B or 60B units. What I would really like would be the exact and proper coding to enter into my WiFi60B (FortiWiFi-60B 3.00-b5101(MR5 Patch 2)) unit so I can test it on myself (not the customer). I have read and read the forums. I have found 5 different ways to enter the information (all through CLI) and it has not worked. I was wondering if someone with excellent understanding of the product could provide me with the proper codes to enter. Thanks in advance, John
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

I have read and read the forums. I have found 5 different ways to enter the information (all through CLI) and it has not worked.
Hello John, The right way changed through different releases of Fortios firmware. For 3.0 you have to define a list with different rbl/entries entries and (the most important part) you have to explicitely enable that antispam option in the protection profile that affect SMTP incoming traffic. I assume you' ve mail servers behind of your FTG60 or FortiWifi60, if not the case, this doesn' t make sense. For FortiOS MR5 one example of working settings would be (you HAVE TO use CLI for this settings): 1- define your rbl/dnsbl list, for example cbl.abuseat.org and bl.spamcop.net
 config spamfilter dnsbl
     edit 1
             config entries
                 edit 1
                     set server " cbl.abuseat.org" 
                     set status enable
                     set action spam
                 next
                 edit 2
                     set server " bl.spamcop.net" 
                     set status enable
                     set action spam
                 next
             end
         set name " My_RBLS" 
     next
 end

2. enable spamrbl in the relevant protection profile
 config firewall profile
     edit <profile_you_use_to_control_smtp_traffic_mail_server>
      ...<lot of settings>
         set smtp block scan spamrbl  spamemailbwl ...<others options>
     next
 end

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
phyomintun

Hi I would like to disable these RBL entry (or) setting. How can i do that? Because Last week ago I put some free RBLs lists inside my fortinet. After that all the message didn' t come to my mail server and found out that those RBL setting was blocking all of my incoming email. So, I don' t know how to remove these RBL setting. Would appreciate if someone help me to show the command line to disable the RBL option. Thanks.
Not applicable

thank you .. I have used your advice and will report the results
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors