Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yukino
New Contributor

Skype allow for a specific user

Hello!

I have a new configuration fortinet blocking Skype and P2P application, however , it is possible to authenticate in Skype but group conversations and file transfer Skype are blocked in addition to slow down the application . I need Skype is fully permitted for a specific user , how I can set a policy that allows me this configuration especially because skype must be enabled for the rest of the organization?

Help me, please!

Thank you so much.

1 REPLY 1
MrSinners
Contributor

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want Skype to be allowed for one specific user and blocked for everyone else?

You can do this by making a firewall policy for this specific user, either by using a source IP address (if the user has static IP address) or adding a user to the "Source User" in the policy. This user can be created locally on the FortiGate or retrieved from Active Directory using Fortinet Single Sign On / LDAP. The policy needs to have an application control profile allowing Skype, and the policy should be placed above the general skype deny policy.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors