Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HS08
New Contributor II

Remote Access VPN Full Tunnel

Hello,

I create SSL VPN for specific user with tunnel-access enabled. The client can access the internal resources using forti client but the user not able reach to the internet.

I already create security policy to allowing vpn client to access to the internet, the rule was hitting but the client still not able connect to internet. Anyone know why?

1 Solution
srajeswaran

Do you have a central nat rule for SSL VPN interface to Internet ? Can you check the session table entry for any of these non working sessions and see if the packets are getting NATed?

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Can we check the the DNS is working fine? Is the client able to ping internet (8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2)? Can they do an nslookup from the machine when VPN is connected and see if the resolution works?

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
HS08
New Contributor II

This is not DNS issue because i not able ping using ip address such as 8.8.8.8. Is needed special routing or NAT configuration?

The traffic was accepted by firewall rule, but still not able to reach to the internet.

fw.png

srajeswaran

As per the logs there is no return traffic, do you have source nat enabled on the firewall policy?

Regards,
Suraj
HS08
New Contributor II

The NAT already configured on Central SNAT and there are no menu for NAT on the firewall policy rule.

fw2.png

srajeswaran

Do you have a central nat rule for SSL VPN interface to Internet ? Can you check the session table entry for any of these non working sessions and see if the packets are getting NATed?

Regards,
Suraj
HS08
New Contributor II

I'm not have central nat rule for SSL VPN interface, only Central nat which i post in previous my post.

Here my forti session table, seem the traffic is not NATed right?

fw4.png

HS08
New Contributor II

It's work now after add NAT policy from VPN interface

srajeswaran

That is great :)

Regards,
Suraj
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors