Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
peterk2020
New Contributor

Setup a new pair of 200E

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a new pair of 200E.  I'm still new to Fortigate.  One issue I'm having is to setup an aggregate port with two physical ports assigned to it.  I created the port under "root" vdom and now I'm trying to create VLANS in other vdom and make those VLANS are using the Aggregate port that was created in root vdom.  However, I noticed that all ports are greyed out in this vdom.  In "root" vdom, they are green and ports are up.. but not in this vdom.  I compared the configuration to other existing FWs that are in production.  I don't see much difference in there.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Interfaces need to be configured in global config mode, not a vdom, then put those new VLANs into the new VDOM you want them to be in. After that you can use the VLANs in the VDOM.

peterk2020

Toshi,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I just deleted all interfaces and recreated everything in "global" and assigned interfaces in each vdoms. For example, I created an aggregated port called "VB_Internal" and a vlan "VLAN100_User" in global and I assigned VB_Internal in "root" vdom and VLAN100_User in "EXTNET" vdom.  VB_Internal ports are assigned with two physical ports and they are showing green in "root" vdom.  However, if I go to EXTNET vdom, all ports are greyed out.  I must have missed something simple.  Like I said, I'm still trying to learn bout Fortinet.  Thanks again.

Toshi_Esumi

Nothing is wrong. Since the Agg interface is in root, it's dimmed in other VDOMs. But as you showed in the image, VLAN100_User is not dimmed in EXTNET vdom. You should be able to use the vlan interface in the vdom.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors