Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
systemgeek
Contributor

Script/tool/method to pull webportal information.

I would like to have the fortigate update its webportal URLS dynamically using some kind of script or tool or pull method.  As an example the Fortigate periodically pulls in a file from some linux server internally to create the webportal URL list that is then presented to the usergroup assigned to that portal.

Any one know how to do something like that?

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @systemgeek ,

If we are talking about web portal bookmark. There is no option for automizing that.

But, if you have knowledge about API and for example python scripting. You can create a script for that. That script can control your list and configure this bookmark to the FortiGate portal via API.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @systemgeek ,

If we are talking about web portal bookmark. There is no option for automizing that.

But, if you have knowledge about API and for example python scripting. You can create a script for that. That script can control your list and configure this bookmark to the FortiGate portal via API.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
systemgeek
Contributor

I know how to program APIs and I know python but that is a pain.  I am guessing I can just point the portal at a "static" page internally.  That "static" page could be managed by a script.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @systemgeek ,

Probably that will be the easiest way. However, redirection may not work on the web portal. Before configuring that, my advice is to try that with one server.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors