Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bunger
New Contributor

SSL VPN Connection - 455 Permission Denied

Fortigate 80E with firmware v5.6 running.

There is a user group created called VPNUsers that is an LDAP lookup to AD on an internal server The VPN Users group is assigned to the SSL Portal called tunnel-access.

If users are in the appropriate group in AD, they can connect without any issue.

I need to create a "restricted" user for a contractor, so I created a user called contractor locally on the Fortigate

I create a user group called RestrictedUsers and added contractor I add RestrictedUsers to that same portal assignment that VPNUsers is assigned to I try to login and get -455 Permission Denied

If I start over from scratch, create a local firewall user called contractor, edit the VPNUsers group, and add contractor to that group, the contractor user can successfully log in.

If I remove contractor from the VPNUsers group, then add it directly to the tunnel-access portal assignment... 455 permission denied.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it is doing what it is doing.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Did you add "RestrictedUsers" group to the inbound policy? I think it's required since 5.4. We haven't upgraded ours to 5.6 yet though.

bunger

That was the answer.  Thanks!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors