Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Holy
Contributor

SMTP Limits for Outgoing Mails

Hello,

i dont think it´s possible but i have a request to change or to disable SMTP Session Profile Limits for 2 Email adresses that normally will be used to send Newsletter out to customers. 

for this 2 Emails i have somehow to disable the SMTP Settings for Outgoing Profile. But the Session Profile is only in IP Based Policies.. any idea how to workaround this?

Normal users must have SMTP Limit to send not more then 30 Mails per Session.

For 2 internal Emails like newsletter@example.com is should be possible to bypass or change the SMTP Limit.

Any Idea?

Thank you

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
2 REPLIES 2
heskez
New Contributor III

I also 'd like to know, mass mailer applications etc. 

Limit is set to 20 mails per session

Holy

Not possible at the moment :(

Here is the Answer from Support

Dear Customer,  Thank you for the update. As informed earlier, since we could have separate session profiles only based on IP policies, this could be possible only either the source or destination IP is specific.  In your case, since the traffic comes from the same source IP and the destination IP is not specific, the above option is not possible.  If you are looking forward for such option where you need SMTP limit/session profile based on sender/recipient, you could contact your Fortinet Partner or sales to post new feature request.  Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. 

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors