Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Faulcons
New Contributor

S2S IPSec FortiGate-FTD remote ID Configuration

Hello Everyone, 

I am contacting you today because I am interested in creating an IPsec tunnel between a FortiGate & FTD.

In that context, the reason why is as follow : 

• I have two FTD in AWS and in different zones
  • They are natted behind a public IP address with a private address on the WAN interface.
  • Therefore, using the "remote ID" option would useful, because, instead of using the private IP (which is different on both FTD. i would be using the same remote ID for both firewalls.
  • That way, i don't need to bother change the private IP address on all of my 45 On-Prem offices in case the  primary FTD goes down.

My question is as follow, how can I use a remote ID on FortiGate using IKEv2 configuration ? (i see this option is only available in IKEv1 configuration.

I thank you all for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Faulcons,

Are you referring to 'Peer ID' option? Peer ID option should be available for both IKEv1 and IKEv2 if the Remote Gateway is set to Dialup User. 

Regards, 

Faulcons
New Contributor

Hello Hbac, 

Thank for getting back to me on this topic so quickly.

I have already checked the dialup option, but i don't think it will work for my setup.

I will try to make a diagram if that can help explain what i am looking for.

Will get back to you soon.

Have a nice day.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors