Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
krzysimirn1
New Contributor

bandwidth on the fortinet switch interface

is there an option to view online bandwidth usage on the interface of the fortiswitch switch managed by fortigate? The ports on the Fortigate are perfectly imaged, but I would like to get a similar view in the context of bandwidth usage between my Fortiswitches.

5 REPLIES 5
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @krzysimirn1,

You can check Switch Controller > FortiSwitch Ports > View Statistics. Please refer to https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch-manager/7.2.3/administration-guide/801198/displaying-...

Regards, 

krzysimirn1
New Contributor

Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-17 094446.pngI know about this view, but the number of packets/data sent and received is not information about the interface utilization. Especially if you want to check what has happened over the last few days. I mean the view that FortiGate offers in terms of its interfaces - e.g. up to 7 days ago.

A view of several of the most important interfaces between Forti switches in one place

Just like in the view above

ebilcari

Keeping trace of the usage history for any L2 switch port that FGT manages for a long period of time could be resource intensive. An external monitoring system through SNMP can poll for this information and build similar historical graphs. What FGT can offer is graphs for SW's L3 (VLAN interfaces)

vlan.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
krzysimirn1

I don't know if I expressed myself well. These things are known to me as I wrote. The problem is the lack of knowledge about the bandwidth between Fortinet switches.

ebilcari

Than the solution would be an external monitoring system with SNMP.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors