Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jomof
New Contributor III

Remote access to Fortigate configured with SDWAN.

Hello Expert,

I have a FortiGate 400e that is been configured for remote access.

I have two telco (GTT AND DIGICEL) and was assigned three public ip address from each.

To seamlessly failover from one telco to the other telco during line disruption I 

am using “SDWAN”.

On the client workstation  I configured the client to use an ip address from GTT (telco) to access the network via remote access.

If the GTT link goes down and DIGICEL becomes the primary link how can I  still remote into network using GTT ip address ?

Unsure what is my next steps

I humbly request  assistance.

Thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If the GTT link/circuit goes down, the wan IP on the interface becomes unreachable. You need to use the DIGICEL assigned IP to access it remotely. There is no way around it.

Toshi

jomof
New Contributor III

Hello @Toshi_Esumi ,

I would like to clarify the ip address for the remote access is not the ip address of wan but one of the assigned public ip address. 

Regards

Toshi_Esumi

Same thing. Those additional IPs from GTT are routed only through the GTT to get to your circuit. Even if you could route it from the internet side toward DIGICEL, DIGICEL never know the IPs are on the other side of your circuit from them, but they'll just foward it toward GTT over the internet.

Only if you have your own public subnets with your own BGP ASN assigned, you can advertise the subnets to both GTT and DIGICEL and get the traffic to the subnet via both ISPs. So when one side goes down, still can get it over the other side.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors