Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
moby
Contributor

Redistributing BGP learned Routes into OSPF

Hi All,

I have two Fortigates running BGP and distributing approx 150 routes into OSPF. What I would like to do is redistribute approx half of these routes from one firewall into OSPF with a better cost so from the Internal network approx half the prefixes are routed to one of the Firewalls and the other half to the other firewall.

So I guess my question is can I use a route map/prefix list to modify the cost of a prefix that is re-distributed from BGP into OSPF?

Any idea if it is possible and how to do that?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes that should be doable but I would be cautious of  asymmetrical issues. When I heard would your trying todo I see asymmetrical issues popping up.

check out OSPFext route filtering but the same approach could be taken on the routes that you push into OSPF.

i perfer tagging routes for furture needs on anything that you set.

edit "netmap"             config rule                 edit 1                     set prefix 10.1.10.0  255.255.255.0                     unset ge                     unset le                 next

edit 2                     set prefix 10.2.10.0  255.255.255.0                     unset ge                     unset le                 next

edit 2                     set prefix 10.4.10.0  255.255.255.0                     unset ge                     unset le                 next

edit 2                     set prefix 10.9.10.0  255.255.255.0                     unset ge                     unset le                 next

end

config router route-map

edit "static2ospf"             config rule                 edit 1                     set match-ip-address "netmap"                     set set-metric 17788                     set set-tag 888                 next                 edit 2                 next             end

config redistribute "static"             set status enable             set routemap "static2ospf"             set tag 888

end

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2015/03/ospf-e2-route-filter-fortigate.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
moby

Hi Emnoc,

Ok great  - thanks for your reply. Good point about the asymmetric traffic - I hadn't thought of that one - that may change my mind on this and decide not to bother with trying to load balance the traffic  - just have an active and failover link instead.

Rgds, Moby

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors