Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yamarisjohnson
New Contributor

Recommended Fortinet VPN Solutions for Secure Remote Access on Intel Evo Laptops?

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Intel Evo laptop and I'm looking for recommendations on Fortinet VPN solutions that are specifically suited for ensuring secure remote access. I understand that Fortinet is well-known for its robust security offerings, and I would like to leverage their expertise to protect my Intel Evo laptop while working remotely.

I want to ensure that my remote connections are encrypted and that I have the necessary security measures in place to safeguard my data and communications. With the increasing prevalence of cyber threats, it's essential to choose a VPN solution that provides reliable protection and optimal performance for Intel Evo laptops.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences or recommendations regarding Fortinet VPN solutions that work well with Intel Evo laptops. Did you come across any specific models or configurations that are known to be compatible and efficient? How was your overall experience in terms of security, ease of use, and performance?

Additionally, if there are any best practices or configuration tips for setting up Fortinet VPN solutions on Intel Evo laptops, I would love to hear them. Any insights or resources you can provide would be immensely helpful in making an informed decision.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. I look forward to hearing from fellow community members who have firsthand experience with Fortinet VPN solutions on Intel Evo laptops.

Best regards,

Yamaris

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Yamaris,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Yamaris,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You may consider FortiClient VPN for remote access. FortiClient is a comprehensive endpoint security solution that includes VPN functionality. It provides secure remote access to your corporate network, encrypted communications, and protection against malware and other threats.

FortiClient offers two licensing modes:

- Standalone mode.
- Managed mode.

You may refer to the below link for more information:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-licensing-and-support/ta-p/1...

Fortinet solutions are known for their user-friendly interfaces and ease of use. FortiClient, in particular, offers a user-friendly VPN client with a straightforward interface. However, user experiences can vary depending on individual preferences and network configurations. It is advisable to test the VPN solution in your specific environment to ensure it meets your requirements and provides a smooth and secure remote access experience.

BR,

Manosh

fosher45
New Contributor

From my recommendations for Fortinet VPN solutions for Intel Evo laptops:

Fortinet FortiClient VPN: This is an all-in-one VPN solution that provides strong security for remote users. It supports a wide range of devices, including Intel Evo laptops.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud VPN: This is a cloud VPN solution that makes VPN installation and configuration easier and faster. It also provides high performance and reliability.

Both of these solutions have a good reputation for compatibility with Intel Evo laptops. They provide strong encryption and other security measures to protect your data and communications.

For specific models or configurations, I recommend using the latest software version. Fortinet continually releases security and functionality updates, so it's important to use the latest version.

In terms of security, ease of use and performance, both solutions have received positive reviews from users. They provide reliable protection, are easy to configure and use, and do not negatively impact performance.

Two-Factor Authentication Methods is an additional security measure that can significantly increase the protection of your computer. It requires you to enter an additional code, in addition to your password, to log into the system. This makes it difficult for hackers to break into your account, even if they know your password.

I recommend familiarizing yourself with 2FA and implementing it into your work. This will help you get reliable protection from hackers.

I hope this information is useful.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors