Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
harald21
Contributor

RIP Multicast at wrong interface

Hello, currently I' m trying to switch our network from static routes to RIP. During configuration of our Fortigate cluster (FGT-310B A-P running FortiOS 5.0.7) I discovered that RIP multicasts (udp/520 packets to the destination 224.0.0.9) are sent out from port1, port3, port4 and several WiFi and VLAN interfaces, although I only enabled RIP at port1. Here is a part of my config file: config system settings set multicast-forward disable end config router prefix-list edit " allow_internal" config rule edit 1 set prefix 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 set ge 17 set le 32 next end next end config router rip config distribute-list edit 1 set listname " allow_internal" set status enable next end config interface edit " port1" set receive-version 2 set send-version 2 next end config network edit 1 set prefix 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 next end config redistribute " connected" set status enable end end Maybe someone can help me to fix this. Sincerely Harald
1 REPLY 1
Benoit_Rech_FTNT

Hello Harald, the RIP interfaces are selected through the RIP network statement (192.168.0.0/16) in your case. If all your interfaces are in this range, that explain why you are sending the RIP updates through all your interfaces. The " config interface" statement is used to select which RIP version should be used for send and received. This is not used for the selection of the RIP interface. You can use the " passive-interface" configuration to disable RIP on unwanted interfaces that are selected by your network statement. In your case: config router rip set passive-interface port3 port4 VLANxxx end Benoit
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors