Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Push Local Admin Accounts To Fortigates?

How do you push local admin accounts to the Fortigates a fortimanager manages?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

To be honest, not quite sure how you would do it via a normal, proper way -- I would just create a script to do this...etc.

config system admin
    edit "admin"
        set accprofile "super_admin"
        set password <password>
    next
end

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
MikePruett

Dave Hall wrote:

To be honest, not quite sure how you would do it via a normal, proper way -- I would just create a script to do this...etc.

config system admin
    edit "admin"
        set accprofile "super_admin"
        set password <password>
    next
end

Create the script within the manager and then perform it on the managed Fortigates?

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Something like the following attached pic, though not sure which over-ride option you will want -- you may want to wait on further feedback on this part.  We mostly use our FortiManager for device monitoring (e.g. no standard policy packages, etc.), so we would choose the "Run on FortiGate directly (via CLI). 

In any case, don't over-write the admin account used by the FortiManager to connect to the device.

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Michael, if you want to do config change for admin, and install to FGT

you can do below (example from FMG 5.0.9)

1. login FMG, and go to "Device Manager" tab

2. click left tree ADOM if you have ADOM enabled and find device in right device list page, click that device

3. you then will see a config menu in bottom window for that device

4. click that "Menu" and click "Customize" will see a customize device tab popup, enable "Customize" from default "Inherit From ADOM" (which also can be configured for whole ADOM level from left tree ADOM right click menu), and enable system - Administrators config option

5. then back to Menu, you will see the config page link and you can go to that admin config page, similar as FOS side, to add/delete/edit admin

6. after config change done, left tree ADOM name right click menu has install function, to install change to FGT

Thanks

Simon

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Thanks Guys.

I play with the Fortigate's all day every day so I know them pretty well. I am just now really starting to dive into the FAZ and FMG though.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors