Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ferrara_Evan
New Contributor II

Problem with FortiSSLVPN and FortiClient in RDM

Hello,

I'm trying to use FortiClient with an SSL connection or FortiSSLVPN in RDM (Remote Desktop Manager). 

My problems are that, in RDM when I configure my VPN to FortiClient with the path of ipsec.exe, the FortiClient doesn't connect. A CMD pop-up appears and disappears immediately. 

As a result, I tried to select the FortiSSL. The GUI launch but it can't connect even I click on the "Connect" button.

But, if I have FortiClient launched in background and FortiSSL configured in RDM, the FortiSSL and FortiClient try to connect but neither of them get an IP address. 

I already contacted Devolutions, they wanted the command line for each VPN. 

I sended this command fort the FortiClient : "ipsec.exe -k -b -U "username" -P "password" "server IP"" (don't work)

For the FortiSSLVPN : FortiSSLVPNclient.exe connect -h serverIP:Port -u username:password -i (work but can't connect)

Best regards, 

Ferrara Evan 

12 REPLIES 12
Stefan_Altmaninger

Hi,

it will be fixed with the next Forticlient update.

Best Regards

Best Regards
Stefan Altmaninger
Best RegardsStefan Altmaninger
Ferrara_Evan

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. 

Do you have any ideas when this update will be released ? 

Bets regards,

Ferrara Evan

Stefan_Altmaninger

They wrote me this:

Verified internally and there an updated info with issue resolved in FortiClient 7.2.1, its ETA is in a couple of weeks, I will change case status to WaitGARelease, track its release and update you on the same.

Best Regards
Stefan Altmaninger
Best RegardsStefan Altmaninger
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors