Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ArifS
Contributor

Error installing forticlient on Parallels VM on Mac with ARM processor

I am getting error when installing Forticlient on windows 11 which is running on Parallels on Macbook pro with ARM processors. We dont have any issue when installing on Intel base macbook pro. The error I am getting while installing is "Service 'fortipad' (fortipad) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". It also registers following error in events viewer on windows.

The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fortiapd.sys

2 REPLIES 2
RachelGomez123
Contributor

To troubleshoot the error "Service 'fortipad' failed to start" when installing FortiClient on Windows 11 running on Parallels with ARM processors:

Run the installer as an administrator.
Ensure you are using a compatible version of FortiClient for Windows 11 and ARM processors.
Temporarily disable antivirus or security software during the installation.
Verify that your Parallels setup meets the system requirements for FortiClient.
Check for updates for Parallels and Windows 11.
If the issue persists, contact Fortinet Support for further assistance.
Provide detailed information about the error and your environment to assist the support team.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

ArifS
Contributor

Please see the reply below:

Run the installer as an administrator

Already tried running as administrator but no luck.
Ensure you are using a compatible version of FortiClient for Windows 11 and ARM processors.

I downloaded client from Fortinet website and there is no installer for ARM processors. Please provide link if there is any.
Temporarily disable antivirus or security software during the installation.

There is no antivirus installed on Windows 11.
Verify that your Parallels setup meets the system requirements for FortiClient.

Parallels Desktop is a software for Mac to run Windows on Mac in virtualized environments. As per the system requirements, it support Applie M2 max (which is ARM base processor).
Check for updates for Parallels and Windows 11.

I will check if it is running latest version of Parallels.
If the issue persists, contact Fortinet Support for further assistance.
Provide detailed information about the error and your environment to assist the support team.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors