Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcin_iwa
New Contributor II

Problem connect FortiSwitch with SonicWall TZ370 with VLAN

Hi, i try to connect my new switch F148 with my SonicWall GW.

I create VLAN on my sonicwall (ID 5), connect sonicwall to switch to port 23, and connect one PC to port 21.

On the switch create VLAN 5, and set native VLAN 5, Allowe VLAN 5 on port 21 and 23.

But i have not communication with SonicWall.

This is my first Switch from Forti and maybe i somting set wrong.

Please suggest what I did wrong

1 Solution
DPadula
Staff
Staff

Hi marcin_iwa,

I am not familiar with Sonicwall but it seems that sonicwall is tagging the vlan 5 and on switch you have setup port 21 adn 23 as native (no tag). On switch, under switch >> interface >> physical, edit port 23 and change the native vlan to 1 for example and add 5 to the 'allowed vlans'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DPadula
Staff
Staff

Hi marcin_iwa,

I am not familiar with Sonicwall but it seems that sonicwall is tagging the vlan 5 and on switch you have setup port 21 adn 23 as native (no tag). On switch, under switch >> interface >> physical, edit port 23 and change the native vlan to 1 for example and add 5 to the 'allowed vlans'.

marcin_iwa
New Contributor II

Bingo :)

Thank you for help.

Each vendor has different naming and VLAN configuration, I have to get into Forti now :)

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors