Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dudley
New Contributor

Port 1000/tcp cadlock and port 1003/tcp unknown open?

Hi, I am fairly new to the fortigate systems and am looking after a FortiWifi 60 AM, i just noticed that two ports are open (nmap scan): 1000/tcp cadlock 1003/tcp unknown not sure what cadlock is and if it is related to http://www.cadlock.com/ ? no one at this location seems to use this service. is this something i should worry about, i do not remember noticing these ports being open the last time i checked and to be honest don' t know where i could would go about closing them via the management area. if someone could point me into the right direction of reading material for this unit as i have no manual that would be great as well, if this has already been posted somewhere else my apologies as i did do a search but could not find anything related.
Forti Wifi 60am - FWF60M-3.00-FW-build158-060126
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi, welcome to the forums. You get documentation, the FortiOS Handbook and the FortiOS Cookbook on http://docs.fortinet.com Please do a search on the Fortinet Knowledgebase (kb.fortinet.com) for " ports used" or the such to find out about these open ports. I never noticed these. I suppose you were scanning from the ' internal' port side.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Dudley
New Contributor

Thanks for the info Ede! The ports are visible both from Lan and Wan as i scan from both sides. I have now been told by a fortigate user that those ports are normal and show up on all the fortigate units apparently. Will start to read up on the links you have supplied.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors