Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
linuxer
New Contributor

Policybased Routing for Internal DNS with two PPPOE WAN Connections

Hi,

i have a fortigate 60D with two WAN Connections via PPPOE.  I have also 3 internal VLANs (100,110,120) and one VLAN (2100)is DMZ.

All Traffic is going over WAN1 because i set the priority on WAN2 to 10. I want also that the traffic from VLAN 120 goes over WAN2, that work because i set an additional policy route that any traffic from VLAN 120 goes over WAN2 !

Now my Problem:

In VLAN 100 there is a mailserver and also a DNS-Server. I set an policy for VLAN 120 to VLAN 100 for DNS/HTTPS. Unfortunately that does not work because all traffic will forwared to WAN2.

How can i realise that if i connect through internal vlans via DNS/HTTPS that the Routing policy did not match ?

A policy like this:

Route all Traffic to WAN2 but don't do this for internal requests through my internal VLANs.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
rdumitrescu
New Contributor III

you have to write another policy route from VLAN 120 to VLAN 100.... match your traffic and set the action to Stop Policy Routing

linuxer

before the all to wan2 policy or after ?

rdumitrescu
New Contributor III

You have to put the “stop policy routing “ before the all to Wan2 policy. The routing policy is like an ipv4 policy... you have to put the more specific one on top
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors