Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kulas
New Contributor

NAT on SSL VPN Remote Access

Hi Experts,

I'm just new when it comes to Fortigates and I hope you help me with this.

I have configured VPN remote access (SSL VPN). I can successfully connect on the tunnel but I am not able to reach my local subnets. I run debug flow and this what I get. (refer to the attachment ssl.vpn.jpg) Already allowed by firewall policy 5. I also tried sniffer packet and sees only ICMP request.

Out of the blue, I tried to enable NAT on the ssl.root-to-lan IPv4 Policy and run a test again. This time I am now able to reach my local subnet. I run a debug flow and this what I get. (refer to the attachment ssl.vpn.jpg) Still allowed by firewall policy 5 its just few changes from the first debug output I get. Also packet sniffer able to see reply from ICMP request.

My questions are: - What are the difference of my 1st and the 2nd debug flow? - Why I cannot reach my local subnet when NAT is not enabled? - What might be the possible reason why I can't reach my local subnet when NAT is disabled?

Sorry, those may be dumb questions but I just wanna learn more on Fortigates.

Hope somebody could help. Thanks a lot!

Regards, Kulas

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

With out seeing the topology , lack of  route for the client pre-nat address

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

What is the ip-pool range for SSL-VPN clients, and what is the local destination subnet&mask the clients need to reach to? Is the destination in the same VDOM? I suspect a subnet overlap or the local destination devices don't know how to reach back to the client IPs.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors