Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi1
New Contributor III

Migrating a Policy Package

Hello,

I want to migrate a Policy Package from one FMG to another. I have seen that it is possible to export a Policy Package to a CSV file, but I do not see any option in the FMG to import a package (from a CSV file or whatever).

So, if I want to migrate a policy package from one FMG to another, is there any tool that does this automation? Or, what is the recommended way of doing that?

Thanks

1 Solution
Richie_C
Staff
Staff

Hi

You can use the execute fmpolicy print-adom-package-assignment <adom> <policy package/template name>

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.2.1/cli-reference/43841/fmpolicy#fmpolicy_print-ad...

The command would print out the policy package in FortiOS CLI format. When you have the CLI config, you could use a CLI script to run on your new policy package. This would create the policy package on your other FortiManager device.

For this to work you would also need to import all of the objects/services/interfaces etc. However, there are also commands to extract these objects. Further details can be found in the link i provided.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Richard

Take a backup before making any changes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Richie_C
Staff
Staff

Hi

You can use the execute fmpolicy print-adom-package-assignment <adom> <policy package/template name>

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.2.1/cli-reference/43841/fmpolicy#fmpolicy_print-ad...

The command would print out the policy package in FortiOS CLI format. When you have the CLI config, you could use a CLI script to run on your new policy package. This would create the policy package on your other FortiManager device.

For this to work you would also need to import all of the objects/services/interfaces etc. However, there are also commands to extract these objects. Further details can be found in the link i provided.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Richard

Take a backup before making any changes
aagrafi1
New Contributor III

Thanks Richard. I think this is a good start for the migration.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors