Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michael_lacey
New Contributor

Migrate from Fortigate 200B to 1200D

I have a task coming up to migrate a HA pair of 200B's to 1200D's, I have seen a link on the Fortinet Cookbook site about being able to copy the config over.

http://cookbook.fortinet....ile-one-model-another/

I plan to ensure they are all on FortiOS 5.2.9

Can anyone comfirm if they have done this and did it go well? Also as they are a HA pair do I need to build the new boxes as HA pair before or after I attempt to copy the config across

Thanks

1 Solution
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Best practice would be to transfer and adapt the master's config first. If all is up and you've got no config errors (diag deb conf read), upgrade up to the desired firmware (you will surely not want to run v5.2.9 - v5.2.13 is latest, v5.4.8 is better, v5.6.3 better still but possibly less stable).

Then, if the new master unit is up and running, put the slave 1200D on the same firmware level, configure the HA settings (hostname, HA group ID, HA mode), power off, connect the HA ports, power slave on and let it sync. Done.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
3 REPLIES 3
FortiLearner
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

If they all on the same firmware then its possible.

Make sure your config file is configured correctly.

Should be possible.

Check header and uuid's

Ports/interfaces.

policies matching interfaces etc...

Regards,

Learner

michael_lacey

Thanks for gettin back to me on this, what do you reckon to the HA part?

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Best practice would be to transfer and adapt the master's config first. If all is up and you've got no config errors (diag deb conf read), upgrade up to the desired firmware (you will surely not want to run v5.2.9 - v5.2.13 is latest, v5.4.8 is better, v5.6.3 better still but possibly less stable).

Then, if the new master unit is up and running, put the slave 1200D on the same firmware level, configure the HA settings (hostname, HA group ID, HA mode), power off, connect the HA ports, power slave on and let it sync. Done.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors