Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sarathd24
New Contributor

Log Does not have more than 10,000 entries.

I am working with a new client who's user community is big. When I am try to generate log for 1 day the log report has only 10,000 entries in it. But it would definitely have more than that. Is there any way to increase it ?. It would be great if someone could help me on that. 

2 Solutions
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes,  we have CLI to set max-table-rows, the range is 10,000-100,000, but I would recommend to set this value less than 50,000.

config system report setting

set max-table-rows 50000

end

View solution in original post

AtiT
Valued Contributor

I am just wondering whether we can call the results you want (more than 10000 rows for one table) a report. The report should give you a quick overview what is happening on the network.

10000 rows / 50 rows per page = 200 pages

Who will read that?

In this case what you need - the logs.

Probably it would better to log to some syslog (maybe Graylog) and export the logs you need.

Just an idea.

AtiT

View solution in original post

AtiT
2 REPLIES 2
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes,  we have CLI to set max-table-rows, the range is 10,000-100,000, but I would recommend to set this value less than 50,000.

config system report setting

set max-table-rows 50000

end

AtiT
Valued Contributor

I am just wondering whether we can call the results you want (more than 10000 rows for one table) a report. The report should give you a quick overview what is happening on the network.

10000 rows / 50 rows per page = 200 pages

Who will read that?

In this case what you need - the logs.

Probably it would better to log to some syslog (maybe Graylog) and export the logs you need.

Just an idea.

AtiT

AtiT
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors