Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ss198939
New Contributor

LACP LAG INTERFACE

LAG can be configured with switch interface.Can this later on be converted to NAT mode?

Suppose I have done lag of 4 ports as in-bound and 4 ports as out-bound.

Then they will act as 2 ports. 1 for in-bound and 1 for out-bound. After that can I convert whole firewall into NAT mode.

5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

A diagram would help but your question doesn't make any sense. A LAG is a layer2 function. If your asking can you apply a layer3 address over a LAG and in routed-mode than yes.

If your talking about converting from transparent mode to routenat mode , than any policies and vdoms would have to probably be deleted. So the short answer is no.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ss198939
New Contributor

May be i have not.explained.better. I have asked this becuz. We are going to.work in a network.In which fortinets interfaces are laged and fortinet is in.nat route mode. So i was also thinking how they.have done it. May be they have made lag on switch.mode.first then they might have changed the mode to.routed mode
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Still don't understand are you using a hardware  switch a fortiswitch or what? What do you mean by switch-mode?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ss198939
New Contributor

forti-gate in transparent mode works as a switch only additional features are security features if i am not wrong.

my concern is related to 3700D fortigate firewall

ss198939

Hi here is the answer to my question i came to know by fortinet document.

I had asked I want to make LAG.

And as per my old knowledge LAG can be made on fortigate with switch mode.

So CAN I first make LAG in switch mode (as a default mode). then can I change the mode from switch mode to NAT mode.? AS I require LAG in NAT mode.

Answer is :-For making LAG fortinet should be in NAT mode. So it is clear from here. I have no need to make lag in switch mode if i require it in NAT mode convert fortigate in NAT mode and make lag there

. ======I have made in NAT/route mode. And it is working fine.=============

I require LAG in NAT mode . I made it and it doesn't matter LAG works on l2, or L3.

please tell me if i am wrong.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors