Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AhmedSiddig
New Contributor

Issues with Web and App filter

Hi Everyone,

am running into this issue on the FortiGate 100F where i have enabled Web Filter + App Filter and am trying to block Torrent sites, phishing, malicious sites, etc.Policy.png

i first tried with Cert inspection only and sometimes it works, and the site is blocked but sometimes i get this site can't be reached, check your firewall and proxy etc.

site not working.png

then i tried with the SSL\SSH inspection and i installed the certificate to the browser but it was the same scenario, and the issue is there are completely different websites from what i had blocked like yahoo, makemytrip and a lot more.

am i messing something here?

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards, 

4 REPLIES 4
tdrake2406
New Contributor II

Does your web filter and application control look like this?Screenshot 2024-06-28 072327.pngScreenshot 2024-06-28 072205.png

AhmedSiddig

Hi @tdrake2406 for the categories in security risk yes all of them are added as well, for the application filter and overrides nope i haven't added these ones, all the blocking that am doing is based on the predefined categories.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @AhmedSiddig,

You can check security event logs to see if it is being blocked or not. 

Regards,

AhmedSiddig

Hi @hbac, so on the logs sometimes i get that the torrent site is blocked but for the others which are not blocked i don't receive anything on them. and one thing to note Edge all the sites will return this site can't be reached, but on others chrome and brave some are working and some are not.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors