Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aireugene
New Contributor

Is it possible to keep the sslvpn connection for iphone when iphone goes into sleep mode?

Hello, 

I have a plan to configure sslvpn for mobile users on my fortigate appliance.

In case of openvpn for iphone, sslvpn is disconnected when iphone fall in sleep mode. But i want to keep the sslvpn connection for iphone users even though iphoen go into sleep mode.

If i install forticlinet for iphone, is it possible to keep the sslvpn connection even though iphone go enter sleep mode?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Based on my test with Android phone in the past was the problem was not about keeping SSL VPN up, but keeping WiFi connection up when it goes to sleep. As the result, all app connections goes down. I don't know if you can set iPhone to keep WiFi up when it sleeps, I couldn't find a way with a few Android phones.

aireugene

Hello Toshi, 

Thanks for your answer.

If i configure a remote vpn using native vpn connector on Android, it looks like keep the sslvpn connection. but I usually used 3G or LTE instead of WiFi when i tested for this.

However when i tested on the iPhone, the results for both sslvpn app and native sslvpn connector were disconnected a sslvpn connection. i think it is because both were not working as a background app on the iPhone.

So if forticlinet is working as background app, i think it is possible to keep sslvpn connection even though iphone goes into sleep mode

Does anyone has experience or idea?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors