Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
billsey
New Contributor

Internet performance with 30E running 6.0.2

I recently did the firmware upgrade from 5.6 to 6.0 and I'm seeing much poorer performance than before the upgrade. We've got a 25Mbps symmetrical feed over fiber and my total throughput has dropped to 10Mbps. When I bypass the FortiGate and connect directly to the fiber modem I get full speed with any of the speed tests. I don't remember making any changes other than the update and we've rebooted a couple of times. Does anyone have ideas on what's going wrong?

17 REPLIES 17
billsey
New Contributor

The get returns speed: auto, I changed to 1000full with no difference in speed. I then id the diagnose debug commands and retested with again no change. :(

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Afraid I don't have anything else to suggest, except contacting TAC.

Since this is a production device why not just roll back to the 5.6.5 firmware and restore your backup config.

5.6.5 is way more stable than 6.0.2 from what I've heard.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Does the 30E have internal storage for logs?  Some specs list 16GB, others list nothing. 

Without internal storage it will be difficult for you to get much in the way of logs or stats.

billsey
New Contributor

Local Logging is set to Memory with Send Log to FortiCloud on as well. From the graph it looks like we're using around 15MB per day on active workdays. It's uploading the logs every five minutes so I don't expect that bandwidth usage has any effect on my throughput.

Prab
New Contributor

Hi Billsey,

Are you using Traffic shaping in any policy?

Also please check under the values of the following parameters under the wan interface:

set inbandwidth 0 <- 0 means unlimited & is by default set outbandwidth 0

You could see the above parameters by using the following commands:

#config system interface (interface) # edit wan

(wan) #sh full

You could use following commands to see bandwidth for a particular policy :

# diagnose sys session filter dintf wan

# diagnose sys session list

Hope it helps,

Prab

billsey
New Contributor

Hi Prab, sorry for the slow response I'm OOP every other week.

inbandwidth and outbandwidth are both set to 0. I am not using traffic shaping on any policy that I know of and I don't believe I tried it when getting some of the other functions up and running initially.

Prab
New Contributor

billsey wrote:

Hi Prab, sorry for the slow response I'm OOP every other week.

inbandwidth and outbandwidth are both set to 0. I am not using traffic shaping on any policy that I know of and I don't believe I tried it when getting some of the other functions up and running initially.

My last resort is to use Iperf tool to check the bandwidth or do a packet capture to see if I see something suspicious there. I would suggest you to open a support case, something looks fishy here. Good luck!

akardeniz
New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors