Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Shyam1
New Contributor

Internet not working after VLAN configuration

Hi , 

We have a Fortigate 90E , when i try to create a new VLAN configuration in any one of the physical interface , i'm not able to get internet while directly connecting the port and laptop with a working ethernet cable. Anyone has faced this issue ?

4 REPLIES 4
mnovelli
Staff
Staff

If you configure a Vlan on a physical interface and then connect a PC to that interface, you need to configure vlan tag too on PC, otherwise it will not works.

Shyam1

hi thanks for the reply , can you please guide me on how to configure vlan tag on PC . i'm a bit confused on how to do it.

funkylicious

Hi, you can look at this, but probably you would need the network drivers installed from the manufacturer of the nic.

https://www.startech.com/en-dk/faq/vlan-tagging-network-card-windows?srsltid=AfmBOopWq5oAJ45JuNz_5i3...

L.E. Are you trying to create a interface on the FortiGate with a vlan id/tag ? If so, please make sure that the port in the switch is configured in trunk and that vlan is allowed on the port where you are connecting the FortiGate.

---------------------------
geek
---------------------------
---------------------------geek---------------------------
ebilcari

If you plan to use the tagged VLANs on Hyper-V guest VMs, there are some PowerShell commands that can help convert the interface to trunk and allow a list of VLAN, something like this:

Set-VMNetworkAdaptervlan -VMName FGW-VM1 -VMNetworkAdapterName "Adap4" -Trunk -AllowedVlanIdList "511-514" -NativeVlanId 0

If you have a secondary NIC in the PC and it supports VLAN tagging it will have this field in Configuration options:

adapter.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors