Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nihas
New Contributor

Interface is not able to delete.!

Hello, Recently I have upgraded 200D box from 5.0.7 to 5.2. I was using Two SSID' s . Users with bridged and Company_Guest with Tunnel for guest . But after upgrade I am not able to use the SSID and not even allowing me to delete the interface. How do I delete the interface?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
20 REPLIES 20
Nihas
New Contributor

Hi Thanks Yes I already tried to delete from (vap), but I can see only one vap there ,which is a working one. I cannot find the this " Guest" Tunnel anywhere on the system except interface. My requirement is I just wanted to delete this unwanted entry from the box. And I can create a new one for the Guest users. But I don;t know why this happened with 5.2..! ------------------------------------------------------------------ I executed your commands. #dia sys checkused wireless-controller.vap.name Wireless_Guest But didn' t get any out put. I think I may need re installation of 5.2 with old config backup.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Dipen
New Contributor III

Hmmmm...So you don' t see the SSID but only the Virtual Interface. These behaviors do happen with Major releases ..waiting for FortiOS 5.2.3 before upgrading

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Nihas
New Contributor

Hi Dipen. Yes. One SSID is working perfect without any problem , and it is a local bridged one. But second one ( Tunnel) has the problem. That one I am not able to delete.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

You will probably need " just" a factory reset (exec factoryreset) and a reload of the (clean!) config.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Nihas
New Contributor

Thanks Ede, Do you mean , the old back up copy of config file which was working fine on 5.0.7 or Can i just try with the current running config (5.2) backup.?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Dipen
New Contributor III

No..You cannot restore a Config backup of FortiOS 5.0.7 to FortiOS 5.2. I also noticed some funny behavior for SSIDs after upgrade to FortiOS 5.2. So you are neither able to delete the SSID (virtual interface) ??

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I meant the current config. If you are running 5.2 at the moment then get the backup file (unencrypted!) and " exec factoryreset" , then restore the config file. Of course, you can scan through the config file to see if you can find any remaining parts which do not belong there.
Nihas
New Contributor

Thanks Ede! I will try this on next maintenance window and will update.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Personally, I would have just loaded an unencrypted backup config into a text editor and perform a string search for " guest" references -- then edit or remove accordingly. For what' s it' s worth, when upgrading between major releases, I usually stick before and after configs into WinMerge just to see what changes were made to the config after the firmware upgrade.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Nihas

Hi Dave, Thanks This sound' s good. So from config file I will remove the whole below entries and will do a restore. edit " Company_Guest" set vdom " root" set ip 10.128.14.2 255.255.255.0 set status down set type vap-switch set device-identification enable set snmp-index 17 next Will let you guys know the status. Thanks a lot for the help.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors