Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
User3
New Contributor

I cannot access to company. Connection refused LINUX

Hi, I am a newbie for FortiClient VPN. I have started to use that because of my company. I have 2 laptops. One is Windows 10, another one is Ubuntu based PopOS 22.04 LTS. Everything works on Windows 10 but I need to use PopOS. Therefore, I had to do some setting because FortiClient VPN doesn't work as I expected on PopOS. Al first, I wasn't able to access to server but I fixed that problem with that link.

Now, I have another problem. I need to access to 10.190.16.13 but when I connected to VPN, it's telling that connection refused. When it's not connected to VPN, it's waiting for long time (I cannot access without VPN, just telling this maybe it might be useful to solve the problem). Any idea about how can I handle that problem?

FortiClient FortiGate 

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

I understand that you are not able to access 10.190.16.13 when connected from VPN.

Is the VPN getting connected at the first place?

If it's not getting connected, please run the below commands and try to connect:

diag debug reset 

diag debug appl sslvpn -1

diag debug enable

After you see the error, please disable the debug using:

di de di

BR,
Manosh

User3
New Contributor

Hi Manosh,

Thank you for your help. I hope your answer will help to others but in my case, I fixed the problem as below.

VPN was getting connected to server. Only the problem was I wasn't able to reach the website. When I include `https://` at the beginning of the link, then gives me an option to proceed to the web page. I just clicked advanced then take risks and go to website. It worked for my case

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors