Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

How to publish Exchange Server in Fortigate

Hello, I configured exchange server behind fortigate ,The OWA is working properly and I can send email but cannot receive any email , I got this error " Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)" I just using Virtual IP , is there any special setting I missed ? thanks
20 REPLIES 20
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi, please supply more information: - setup of your VIP - the policy the VIP is used in, including the services setting
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Not applicable

information
VIP info Name :Exchange External Interface: WAN1 Type: Static NAT External IP Address/Range : Real IP that registered as MX record Mapped IP Address/Range :internel IP " actually IP of TMG server" Port Forwarding: none Policy Source :All Destination: Exchange Service: Any Action : Accept
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Is the destination the inside exchange IP or the VIP definition? It needs to be the VIP to work.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

The destination is the VIP definition with the name Exchange , as you see above the name of VIP is Exchange & destination in the policy is Exchange
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

VIP and policy look OK. Do some more tests: - can you ping the server from outside? - can you telnet to the server from outside? enter HELO or ELHO and see if you get a response. If both tests run OK it' s not a firewall issue but a valid answer from the server. What do the server logs say?
Not applicable

I cannot ping either for the fortigate or the Virtual IP , I tried also to telnet & I got this Could not open connection to the host on port 23 connect failed
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Then the public IP seems to be wrong. Please post - the public IP of your MX - the public IP of your fortigate, including subnet mask (if you want you may change one or two bytes, but not the rightmost) You can check correct routing from your ISP via traceroute/tracert. Where does it stop?
Maik
New Contributor II

are you sure this is a Firewall issue? You get a response from your Thread management gateway (TMG) saying that there is no mailbox visible.
" Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)"
the firewall would completly block the connection saying nothing. Also outbound mail works. OWA works on the same VIP as well? The telnet test mentioned should go to port 25 talking SMTP. (#telnet ip port). Yours is defaulting to the default telnet port 23. (google for " telnet smtp test" ) i' d rather have a look into the TMG than the Fortigate. regards Maik
Not applicable

even when I tried to disable the OWA rule in TMG that publish the Exchange I got the error error , I think My SMTP ISP who is replied
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors