Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
giovinco_06
New Contributor

How to make email filter using wildcard

Anybody can help how to make filter email for spam *@ms15.spam.net. I already tried make some rules, but it didn' t work. pls see the attachment.. thanks a lot for your help
FGC-110C v4.0 MR2 Patch 9 -aboe-
5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Wildcards do not use the backslash, only Regex do. Do none of the patterns fit?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

ORIGINAL: giovinco_06 Anybody can help how to make filter email for spam *@ms15.spam.net.
Try (.*\@ms15\.spam\.net) as a regex

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
giovinco_06
New Contributor

thanks rwpatterson, Nowadays, in my mail server, the traffic is reduce after I also add some DNSBL configuration besides of Email filter.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

IMHO there is no need to escape the ' @' in the regex as it is not a special character. That said I' d guess ' .*\@someserver.com' would never match any email address. edit: nope, it doesn' t HURT but is not necessary either.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
uthgra
New Contributor

Good morning, as far as I can see they can't give you a more concrete answer. It is difficult to find information on how the parameters should be loaded.
As far as I could find, when you use "Wildcards" you must load the value *@domain.com and if you use "Regular Expressions" you must enter the domain name, without @, for example domain\.com$ or domain\.com\.uk$
Also if you use a word in the "regular expression" that word will be filtered.
If someone had another experience that has been satisfactory, I would appreciate it if you could comment it.
Thank you very much.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors