Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Faaeq
New Contributor

How to allow a specific ip on network to override the web filtering

Hello everyone, I' m new here so i apologize if i' m posting in wrong section. We have a Fortigate 80C firewall and we have web filtering enabled. I need to allow one user with a reserved ip say (192.168.1.4) to be able to access internet without any web filtering restrictions. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Ainuddin. Welcome to the forums. The FortiGate Cookbook provides detailed working examples of common tasks on the Fortigate, including this one (see the section " Excluding selected users from UTM filtering" , p 189 for 5.0, p 193 for 4.0 MR3). Basically, you create a firewall object for the computer in question (192.168.1.4/255.255.255.255) and use that as the source address in your firewall policy that excludes webfilter; enable any other UTM feature you wish. Move this fw policy up in the firewall chain so it is triggered.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Faaeq
New Contributor

I appreciate the quick response. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much. Regards, Faaeq
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors