Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HaniAbuelkhair
New Contributor

How can i block users from using Chrome remote desktop access

How can i block users from using Chrome remote desktop access to access the office computers ?

I have fortig

2 REPLIES 2
iampankaj
New Contributor

To enable Chrome Remote Desktop for local area network or VPN users only, disable firewall traversal by setting the policy on Windows® Mac® and Linux® machines.

To disable firewall traversal:

• Windows: Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\RemoteAccessHostFirewallTraversal to 0.
  • Mac: Set RemoteAccessHostFirewallTraversal to NO in ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome.plist.
  • Linux: Set  RemoteAccessHostFirewallTraversal to FALSE in /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/RemoteAccessHostFirewallTraversal.json.

pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello @HaniAbuelkhair ,

> You need to identify the domains or URLs used by Chrome Remote Desktop service.

> Navigate to "Security Profiles" and create a new "Web Filter" profile.
>  Specify the categories or URLs related to Chrome Remote Desktop that you want to block. For example, you can add domains like remotedesktop.google.com or other related URLs.
> Once the web filtering profile is set up, apply it to the relevant firewall policy that governs internet access for users in your office network.
> Monitor it.

Please be informed web filtering alone might not completely prevent access to remote desktop solutions, as users can potentially use other methods or VPNs to bypass restrictions.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors