Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
donmatlock
New Contributor II

Fortisase Chromebooks

Hi,

Looking for some thoughts on a unique issue.

We have lets say 100 licenses of Sase that is intended for a small portion of our staff (we have other solutions for the Windows users).

Our staff are all grouped into the same OU for ease of onboarding and scripting upon hire/quite/fire etc..

So when we enable Sase for the Chromebooks this has a negative effect on our Windows users who use Chrome as Sase is utilized via users and not devices.

So Sase works great for our Chromebook users, but the side effect is that user logs into the Chrome browser (via Windows) and they immediately get an untrusted error and cannot browse due to the fact there is no trusted cert.

We have contacted Fortinet support and it was acknowledged that they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution to specify devices vs users...but no time frame.

Has anyone come across this and how did you resolve the issue?  

Sorry I labeled as Fortiproxy, but there was no Sase version.

Don Matlock
Don Matlock
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Don,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Don,

I will let this post open for the other users and we will see if someone has met this issue.

If the support provides you a solution, could you share it here please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
donmatlock
New Contributor II

Thanks, I do not think there is a solution, its a waiting game till FG changes how Sase is pushed to devices/Users.

Don Matlock
Don Matlock
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors