Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcpdkc
Contributor II

Fortinac-F WPA2 Enterprise

I have a WPA2 Enterprise network. Fortinac connects to the network by authenticating the user from the active directory with radius. But I want to make this role based. I want those in role A to get IP from vlan A and those in role B to get IP from vlan B. How can I do it?

1 Solution
rcpdkc

I found that the problem is caused by the dynamic vlan feature of the SSID, thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you mean role A and role B are AD groups, you can do as follows:

1. In User Host Profile, create a profile A with lets say users in AD group A, and create profile B with users in AD group B
  2. In Network Access, assign Net-A to UHP A, and Net-B to UHPB
  3. Then in device model config add the new logical networks Net-A with access value VLAN-A, and Net-B with access value VLAN-B.
AEK
AEK
rcpdkc
Contributor II

I do it this way, but when the user connects to the network, it comes out of the default ip range.

ebilcari

Firstly you have to verify if the host are matching the right network access policy. FNAC has a handy feature that allows to test the policy directly from GUI (no need to test on the end host after every configuration change):

policy-hit.PNG

From here you can check the policy that is currently hitting and the VLAN that should be sent to NAS. If the right VLAN is shown in the policy check, than you can continue troubleshooting the RADIUS or the SSID configuration in the WLC.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
rcpdkc

I found that the problem is caused by the dynamic vlan feature of the SSID, thanks for your help.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors