Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Scorpa
New Contributor

Fortimanager Certificate

Hello! 

We are trying to update certificate on FortiManager for HTTPS admin access.

But after we generated CSR and got CER we are unable to upload it to Manager, because when we are using "Import" via GUI Manager show error - CA certificate check failed. Even after we upload CA certificate - nothing happens all the same. How to upload local certificates to FortiManager ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Scorpa
New Contributor

And this is cracked.

DO NOT IMPORT CERTIFICATES VIA GUI. Gui completely bugged. From incorrect Timezone visualisation to certificate import fails.

To import certificate issue from CLI:

execute certificate local import // TFTP

Michael_McDonnell
New Contributor III

Is your certificate signed by Microsoft Certificate Services? I have experienced problems before and solved them by converting the file that I get from MSCS to X.509/PEM format using OpenSSL.

openssl x509 -in certificate.cer -out certificate.pem
or sometimes:
openssl x509 -inform der -in certificate.cer -out certificate.pem

Make sure that you are importing the root CA certificate and not an intermediate CA certificate. 

ergotherego

I am having a similar problem with trying to add the SSH certificate required to enable remote backups using SCP on my 5.4.1 FMG.

The error is:

Invalid certificate. Command fail. Return code -61

The certificate is in PEM format, and looks exactly like the output from 'show system certificate local'. I tried a few different certificates, entering the key first, and different formatting options. Unfortunately there is GUI option to add SSH certificates, and no option for the 'import' command.

Anyone know any debug commands that might shed some light?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors