Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NetworkEngineer509
New Contributor

Fortigate sees incorrect bandwidth on outbound application

I am doing a youtube live stream. TCP/1935. The IPv4 rules page bandwidth used section is accurate but if I try to traffic shape or view logs in any other place, I am getting 3-6kbps reported speed. All logging is enabled. I am running v5.4.1,build5577. Anyone run into this before?

3 REPLIES 3
NetworkEngineer509
New Contributor

Upgraded to FortiOS v5.6.2 build1486 (GA). No improvement. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Here is what I am talking about. 

AtiT

Hi,

It is because the session is offloaded to network processor (NP). Only the beginning and end of the session will be logged and it is a small amount of data.

When I tested this behaviour on OS 5.2 we found out that also SNMP interface statistics are also "affected" which is a huge problem in datacenter to get correct data.

If you have an NP6 you can enable session logging - I am not sure how it will affect the unit perfomance. Be careful with this.

See the documentation: http://help.fortinet.com/cli/fos50hlp/56/index.htm#FortiOS/fortiOS-cli-ref-56/config/system/np6.htm%...

config system np6 edit { name }  set per-session-accounting { disable | enable-by-log | all-enable } Enable/disable per-session accounting.   disable Disable per-session accounting.   enable-by-log Per-session accounting only for sessions with traffic logging enabled in firewall policy.   all-enable Per-session accounting for all sessions.

We have it enabled on FortiGate-1500D running 5.2 without any issue so far.

We need correct traffic data also for reporting.

AtiT

AtiT
NetworkEngineer509

How would this affect traffic shaping?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors