Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
1mm
Contributor

Fortigate FortiVPN

Hello,

We have virtual FortiGate, deployed in Azure. We activated Remote Access VPN (FortiVPN) and integrated it with SAML Azure. Authentication don based Group. And I have question regarding these groups.

For example:

If i Have group_1 which have access to server_1 and server_2, also i have user_A which is member of group_1.

Also I have group_2 which has access to Server_3, and user_B. 

And User_A can access to servers which is provided be group_1

And User_B can access to servers which is provided be group_2

But If I then need to provide for User_A access to the Server_3 what do I need to do? Do I need to add this user also to Group_2? or I need to create Group_3, provide for this group accesss to server_1, server_2, server_3 and then add to this group User_A? 

1 Solution
hbac

@1mm,

Both group A and B must be mapped under SSL-VPN Settings. You also need firewall policy to allow group B. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
1mm
Contributor

One Additional question. 

How I can select which group must be used for Authentication and which for Accesses?

I would like to do in such way.

If user is member of Group A - User can do Authentication and will have some basic access (for example, dns, AD and so on).

When user will be added to the Group B - User will receive additional accesses. 

It will be better for logic and fast troubleshooting. Right now when user is member of Group A and Group B, in fortigate in monitoring I see that he is member of Group A and then when he will do reconnection he will be member of Group B and so on. 

hbac

@1mm,

You can map groups under SSL-VPN Settings > Authentication/Portal Mapping. 

Regards,

1mm
Contributor

How Fortigate choose which group it will check firstly? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors